Saturday, August 08, 2009

Quiche

Earlier in the week, I made an impromptu quiche for dinner with ingredients we had on hand.
  • start with a pie crust
  • slice up two roma tomatoes and line the bottom of the crust
  • chop up some broccoli and toss it in
  • crumble a little feta cheese and scatter it around
  • chiffonade any fresh basil you may be able to eke off your sickly basil plant and toss it in
  • beat up six or seven eggs, add a little soy milk and some salt, pepper, and nutmeg, then pour it over the veggies into the pie shell
  • bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes
It was delicious!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Louisa S. said...

That sounds very good Laura! do you bake the pie crust before you put the food in it? I'm going to try it sometime! :-)

6:22 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Louisa! No, you don't need to pre-bake the pie crust. I'm sure everyone would love it if you made a homemade quiche!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Soy milk? Are there dairy allergies in the house?

Quiche is such a wonderful meal! It works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

4:03 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

I just realized what a stupid question that was, considering one of the ingredients is feta. Unless it's sheep's milk feta? Ah, trying to save face!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

LOL, Serena -- actually, it's goat's milk feta cheese. No dairy allergies in our household, but I have found that cow's milk seems to make me break out in pimples, so I've been using soy or almond milk in my cooking and on cereal. Not fun, as I love milk, but zits are worse!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

Oh, yes! Zits are definitely worse. ;) That's how cow's milk affects one of my brothers. He's allergic to the whey protein.

In any case, sheep or goat milk feta is far superior to cow milk feta!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Interesting! I had assumed it had to do with the hormones in the milk, but I suppose it could be a mild allergy on my part. I really don't know!

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home