Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Maternity skirt


I made up a maternity skirt last week out of some on-sale cotton from Jo-Ann's. I didn't have a pattern, but I used these instructions as a loose guide. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to add the elastic and knit band onto the cotton skirt. I anticipate making some more!

At 22 weeks, I really cannot fit into anything non-maternity anymore. This has alerted me to the fact that cute maternity patterns are very tough to find. A quick search of the "Big 4" pattern websites reveal about three or four patterns per brand, mostly out-of-print, and all a little bit "blah" style-wise. I have some ideas for my own designs, which hopefully I will be able to sew up without too much drafting trouble. In the meantime, Goodwill has yielded a few cute tops, so I am getting by! :-)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Luci said...

Oh my goodness, how cute!! I love the ruffle on the bottom! It looks *very* comfy, too --- if it's as hot there as it is here in DC, I imagine it's just lovely to have!

5:47 PM  
Blogger April said...

*Love* the skirt, and thanks for sharing the link!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

It's beautiful! Maternity patterns leave MUCH to be desired, and store-bought isn't much better.

6:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you so much, ladies!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Lovely skirt! I agree, maternity patterns are so lacking! And the below the belly band works really well for the "post maternity transition time" as well :)

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home