Friday, June 05, 2009

Maternity tunic


(click for larger picture)

OK, this will probably be the last maternity sewing project for a while! I've got other fish to fry. (For one, a delectable '30s dress from a sapphire blue silk charmeuse! Alas, it's for a friend and not myself!) Anyway, Jo-Ann Fabrics had a sale on Simplicity patterns, so I picked up S2696 to make a summer top. The fabric is an old Indian-print sheet, cut to make the print part of the design. This was quick, easy, and cheap, and now I have a comfortable new top to wear!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Louisa S. said...

Very pretty, Laura! How long did it take you to sew it? Not very long I bet. At least not as long as it would've taken me! Ha hah! Love ya!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Very cute! That will be so nice when it's really hot! And you can layer it when the weather gets cooler. Of course, you might not want to layer it, what with having your own personal little heater! ;) With my first, I don't think I wore a jacket during the last four months. (October-January)

11:49 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Louisa and Serena! Louisa, it probably took me about 4-5 hours total, though of course I did it in smaller chunks of time. That seems quick compared with some sewing projects (like my wedding gown, for one)... :-) I love you too!

Serena, I have lots of cardigans so I will be prepared for layering (or unlayering) at the drop of the hat! I know what you mean, I can't seem to regulate my temp at all.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Keturah said...

Laura, what a fun top. I love your use of the sheet. They are so versatile! (I'm thinking of my own sheet-blouse.)

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home