Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Covered bridge


A few weekends ago, my father-in-law and brother-in-law came out to join Douglas and I on a work-related road trip. One of our first stops was at this pretty covered bridge, dating from the late 1870s. According to one website, it was actually washed down the river about a mile during a 1913 flood, but the bridge was put on rollers and taken back to its original location, where it has stood ever since.

The morning was very tranquil and the spring greens were just lovely. I'd like to go back for a picnic sometime!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica Rodarte said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I especially love the charming photos you take like this one with the covered bridge. I've been reading on and off for about a year, and it's about time I tell you that I think you have a lovely blog. Congratulations on your recent marriage. You make a handsome couple. May I add, your wedding dress was divine!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Jessica, thank you so much! It's great when quiet visitors say "hello." :-)

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Louisa S. said...

Your husband is very handsome! So are the other two guys! Ha ha.

2:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Louisa, I agree! :-) Don't they look nice, all in shades of blue?

1:36 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

What a lovely photo. It reminds me of one of the happiest memory places for me, Billie Creek Village in Rockville, IN. I'm crossing my fingers we'll be able to go next month for their CW reenactment. The mornings I remember there looked just like your picture!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home