Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Canisters


My husband gave me these canisters for Christmas. Let me now sing their praises... Aside from being attractive, they are sturdy stoneware that will last a very long time, unlike the cheap canisters I've seen in stores (when I was able to find any at all). They are large enough to hold plenty of flour or sugar -- and that's another thing I love, there's a canister for brown sugar! Usually a trio will include "coffee" as the final third and since we're not regular coffee-drinkers, I love the brown sugar jar instead. I also love the wide open mouths that give you enough room to dip in there with a measuring cup -- no awkward and messy pouring. Obviously, I think they're great!

Thanks, dear!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger MamaBirdEmma said...

I love them! Any idea where he found them?

Any chance you'll give us a photo tour of your new home?

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! pretty canisters! I didn't know the littlest canisters where supposed to be for brown sugar!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Emma, I think they came from Amazon.com, if you are interested in looking some up for yourself!

As far as our new home, I haven't done a whole lot of decorating yet so there's not much to show that has my creative stamp on it! I am plotting to slipcover or re-upholster our sofa so I do plan on documenting that transformation once I find the right fabric -- stay tuned.

12:58 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

I have had the hardest time finding canisters for my dry goods, too. Yours are lovely!

1:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi. What are they called on Amazon? I just cannot find those

3:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hi Stef, my husband bought these nearly four years ago, so the style has probably been discontinued by now. I believe the maker was "David Mason UK" (mine are currently in storage so I can't double check for you, sorry!).

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home