Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Reception

We had our reception at a family friend's Georgian-style home.


The lawn was set up with tables and chairs.


Guests were served tea,


along with sweets (strawberry macaroons, cream puffs, butterscotch scones, and cupcakes with rose petals)...


...and savories (cucumber sandwiches, chicken salad on mini-croissants, and open-faced roast beef tea sandwiches).



Douglas and I sat at a small table on the south-facing portico...


...but this didn't last long as we soon began greeting our guests, table by table.


And lest we forget the cake, here it is!


Complete with vintage cake topper from my grandmother's 1947 wedding.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Polly said...

Beautiful! What a lovely day it was (weather wise) and the food looks scrumptious. The cake topper was perfect! I am so enjoying these tidbits of your special day!

9:58 AM  
Blogger sherry said...

How elegant. :o)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I really love how your set up your reception. The food looks lovely. I adore the real roses on your cake.

Was this catered or home-baked?

Just wonderful!
Elizabeth

4:02 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Beautiful! Everything looks lovely. Your cake topper is so cute and vintage-y!

9:45 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

What a lovely reception! That's exactly what I wanted to do for my wedding!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Lovely, indeed!! I especially enjoyed seeing your beautiful cake with the vintage topper! I had my great-grandma's cake topper on our wedding cake and it was so special to have something of hers there, even though she had passed several years before. She was also married in the 40's so the cake topper is very similar to yours.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Erin Melenbacker said...

I loved all the thought and detail you designed into your wedding. Your cake topper was one of my favorites.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, all, for your kind comments. Elizabeth, the reception was catered (I was wisely steered in this direction by my mom, who realized there's no way we could have done it ourselves!).

Sarah Jane, I'd love to see a picture of your cake topper. :-)

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home