Thursday, November 06, 2008

Bridesmaids




(Clicking on the photos will take you to our photographers' website.)

As I've mentioned before, Douglas' three sisters were my attendants in our wedding. Their gowns were made out of silk damask (bodices) and sueded silk shantung (skirts) which came from Denver Fabrics. The pattern we used was McCall's 3571 for the two older girls and a conglomeration of patterns for the youngest. My mom and I did about 1/3 of the work (mostly cutting out) and then Douglas' mom finished up the rest. They certainly looked very beautiful and serene!

These photos were taken before the actual wedding, while we were still kind of in the midst of getting ready, but later the girls tucked some pale pink sweetheart roses into their hair which looked sooo pretty.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Natasha said...

Oooh, it all looks so delicate and beautiful. How precious!

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
Your wedding looked like it was absolutely beautiful!
Wishing you both the very best!
Irene

7:19 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

In an era where bridesmaids' dresses often leave MUCH to be desired (and so do many wedding gowns, I'm afraid! It took so much hunting for my sister to find a suitable gown for her May 07 wedding, and even then we had to add a modesty panel to the front....), these are just right. Delicate, feminine, flowy and peaceful. Lovely! I'm sure the flowers were so pretty too!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Lovely! (The girls and the outfits!)

1:23 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wow, bridesmaids dresses that actually look good on the bridesmaids. Very feminine, modest and lovely.

I LOVE your gown.

More pictures, please!
Elizabeth

3:06 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Hi Laura!
I'm a total stranger but I had to post a comment because your dress is so gorgeous... I found you by googling "Mccall's 3571" (i'm working on one right now and wanted finished photos from a real person, heh).
Anyway I just wanted to tell you I think your wedding gown is AMAZING.
Wishing you the best...
Heidi
email: info at timetravelcostumes.com

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home