Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Invitations

I am really pleased with the way our wedding invitations turned out. Originally, I was all for getting something pre-designed, but Douglas pressed for an original design and now I'm so glad he did. It was a team effort between us and we are both happy with the results!


Douglas drew the representation of my engagement/wedding ring, and I scanned it and cleaned it up in Paint Shop Pro. It makes for an interesting medallion, no? Several people have asked if it's a family crest or symbol... perhaps it will be from now on! ;-)

The invitation text is printed on the inside of the card, using the font Edwardian Script ITC. We also included R.S.V.P. cards with self-addressed, stamped envelopes, plus a 2x3, black and white engagement snapshot, as well as a business card with the address of our wedding website. My grandmother was very helpful in stuffing and addressing envelopes! And it's been fun to sort through the barrage of R.S.V.P.s that piled up while we were away on vacation.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The invitations look lovely! Very elegant and special.
I am so excited about your upcomming wedding! :)

4:01 AM  
Blogger ~ Shannon said...

What a lovely invitation -- and a very clever idea for the design! It does look like a family crest.

I hope your preparations are all going smoothly! I can't wait, either! ;-)

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

Beautiful! We also went with original designs, made by Leslie at Small Meadow Press...such fun!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Very elegant. What kind of paper did you use? Have you shown us your dress yet?

I am looking forward to seeing it.

Elizabeth

12:27 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, all! Things are going reasonably smoothly... God has been blessing our planning.

Elizabeth, I'm not sure what kind of paper it was -- I worked with a local printing press and they ordered the paper and envelopes from their source. They are a nice weight, though.

I have not shown my dress yet... it's a secret until the wedding! ;-)

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Those are lovely! That is very clever thinking of using your ring as a model. Wow, only three more weeks!

Ashley~of Bower Hollow

8:33 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Oh, I think you guys should adopt it as your family crest or something like that. How sweet. It's beautiful!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Ashley and Julie! Credit goes to Douglas as it was his idea to do the artwork. :-)

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home