Monday, August 11, 2008

Knitted dishcloths


My knitting -- never much beyond the beginner category -- has been extremely simple lately, in the form of dishcloths for my hope chest. The pattern is as follows:
  • Cast on four stitches.
  • Knit four.
  • Knit two, yarn over, knit to the end of row. Repeat until there are 44 stitches on your needle.
  • Knit one, knit two together, yarn over, knit two together, knit to the end of row. Repeat until there are four stitches left on your needle.
  • Knit four, cast off.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
They are pretty. I'am a beginner knitter, hopefully soon I'll be knitting more than scarves.
Irene
ps. hope you will post your new get away dress. Can't wait to see it!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

Hi Laura!
I don't know if you've used these washcloths before, but I have my whole life... They are *THE BEST* you will ever use. They are fantastic, and hold up for ages. Just take a tip from me...don't wash the cheese grater with them! (giggle) Yarn shreds evidently... ;)
~Mackenzie from the S&S board

8:41 PM  
Blogger EB said...

I make and use this pattern for dishcloths, too. They are definitely my favorite thing I use to wash dishes. And I love that the pattern is so simple and yet makes a very sweet and pretty design.

Funny...I've also made the cheese grater mistake. :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger ~ Shannon said...

Thank you for the pattern, Laura! I'm a very *challenged* knitter, but I think I can handle this (with a little help from my sister!). I love how they look, too!

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

2:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Tilly, I haven't used these much myself; mostly I've knitted them for other people, so I'm glad to hear you like them so well! I will remember that tip about the cheese grater... :-)

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home