Tuesday, July 08, 2008

In the good ol' summertime

Take a peek at Cheri's and April's blogs to see what I was up to on Monday! :-D It was wonderful to meet these two lovely ladies, even though our time together seemed too brief. I did make a purchase at Denver Fabrics while we were there; perhaps I can share more about that later.

Back home in Nebraska, we're in the midst of blackberry season. We have a thicket of blackberries by the side of our house, courtesy of the birds (seriously -- we didn't plant it!). They are tart and juicy and utterly yummy on waffles, hot cereals, with yogurt, plain, or in a pie (I plan to bake one today!).


The bowl was a gift from Cheri -- isn't it beautiful??

It seems like the summer is flying by so quickly, I can't believe it's mid-July already!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bowl. How nice you got to shop at Denvers Fabrics. Wish we had one here, not many fabric stores in nj.
Would love to see the fabric you bought.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

I absolutely love blackberries! And blackberry pie...mmm, it's one of my very favorite things to eat!

11:20 PM  
Blogger emme said...

Oh, I [i]love[/i] that photo, Laura! Beautiful...we're right in the midst of our own berry season here in Michigan. Could anything be more scrumptious? ☺

~Emily ("vintage" on S&S ☺)

www.emmelynn.blogspot.com

1:15 AM  
Blogger Keri said...

Mmmm... those look delicious! I also wanted to say that I love the seersucker dress. I recognized it as anthropologie right away because I wanted that dress when it was available. Great job recreating the look and making it better!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, all! How funny that you recognized the source of the dress inspiration, Keri. I know I'm not the only one who hoards my Anthropologie catalogs for inspiration. :-P

11:13 PM  
Blogger Family W said...

I agree, it does seem this summer is flying by more quickly than usual. The blackberries look wonderful.

I've dreamed of shopping at Denver Fabrics as I've heard several others talk about it. Is it as huge as I imagine it might be? :)

12:42 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You are definitely making me hungry!

I wish we grew blackberries here in Utah, but we don't.

Yum.
Elizabeth

7:29 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Lynn, the lure of Denver Fabrics doesn't lie in size, but in selection (although it does seem fairly large to me!). Chain stores like Jo-Ann's or Hancock's usually carry only synthetic fabrics and have very little selection of nice quality, natural fiber fabrics like wool and silk. DF has shelves and shelves of real silks and real wools, so when you have a higher-end project in mind, it's lovely to shop there. Also they carry lots of unusual notions, ribbons, trims, etc. and to top it off, they have a large "sale" section, too!

I have been to one other higher-end non-chain fabric store that carries natural fabrics (Fishman's Fabrics in Chicago) and their prices were through the roof. DF usually has pretty reasonable prices, so that's why I keep going back! If you ever happen to be in Denver, it's definitely worth a stop!

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home