Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Churn dash

I am determined to try my hand at quilting and finish a baby quilt before Baby comes! I've chosen a block pattern (churn dash, as seen here) and drooled over reproduction fabrics. I think I will try to mix 'n' match fabrics from different lines to get more of an eclectic look to the quilt (hope this doesn't backfire on me!). Some of my favorites are here, here, and here.

I'm taking my time over this project, because I won't have an opportunity to go fabric shopping for a few weeks yet, nor have I yet acquired a walking foot for my machine. But half the fun of any project is in the planning stage!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mackenzie said...

What fun! I'm not sure if you know this or not, but if it helps you get started, I wanted to let you know that you can (and usually do) piece the quilt with your regular sewing foot. I just thought I'd mention it, in case you're new to quilting. :) Your fabrics look great! My sister-in-law did a variation of that pattern, it is SO cute!If you'd like to see it, it's at the bottom of this post:
http://forwillowsons.blogspot.com/2008/11/finally-some-finished-craftiness.html

Happy baby sewing!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Tilly -- I am new to quilting so I welcome any and all tips! :-) I love the quilt top your sister-in-law did!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh how lovely! I love that pattern so very much. I feel so guilty since I started my first baby's quilt when I was 7 wks pregnant with him and didn't finish it until his 2nd birthday! :( I can't wait to see yours! It is great inspiration for finishing up the other quilts I have started for the other two!

It's so fun to sew for our wee ones! :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

LOL, Sarah, I am sure I will end up with a few of those "never-ending" projects myself! I love seeing all the things you sew for your little boys -- if I have a boy, I want to make him a playsuit like the ones you made for your sons!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home