Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Simplicity 4749


I actually made this top way back in March (before I knew I was pregnant -- I just thought the style was cute). It's from a vintage pattern I won on eBay last summer. I used a linen blend from Jo-Ann Fabrics, but I'm not very happy with the fabric choice. It's a little stiffer than I thought it would be, so it doesn't drape very well, and the quality seems to be rather poor as it's already faded after just a few washings. But, it works well right now, as I'm in the big-enough-to-look-fat, not-big-enough-to-look-pregnant phase -- the stiffer drape hides my pudgy belly.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Polly said...

it works well as an 'early maternity' top. love the neckline and button. you look great!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Very nice - the colour really suits you! I have a few tops which aren't meant to be maternity, but I always think they would work as maternity if I am ever pregnant - very handy to have tops that work for both!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, Polly and Rachel. I know what you mean -- it's a great time to be pregnant, style-wise! :)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Very cute! I completely understand about that "phase"... mine didn't really end until about month 5... thankfully, like the other gals have said, lots of loose, flowy tops were just right for that stage! :)

2:59 PM  
Blogger EB said...

I like it! The color is very flattering for you.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Kiri said...

I'm sorry you don't like your fabric, but the style is very cute! I love the color.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

You look nice, Laura, and the top style is cute!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Very cute style, and even though the fabric is a bit stiffer than you wanted I think it still looks great. It is a lovely style for the early-to-mid pregnancy stage! I too did not really start to get a baby bump until about month 5 or so. Beautiful work, as always!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

You look gorgeous! And the blouse is adorable, too!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home