Friday, July 20, 2007

The Lake District


We finally watched Miss Potter tonight, so I was inspired to dig out some photos from one of my visits to the beautiful Lake District. This is my lovely friend Mare-Ona in April 2004, when she and I drove a loop through the north of England. Actually, I can't recall exactly where this graveyard is, but it's somewhere along the A592 road which runs through the Lake District National Park. Like that helps. :)

Here's an excerpt from my journal at the time:

April 2, 2004

Today Mare-Ona and I stopped for lunch by the lake called Ullswater. It was lovely to sit and eat and listen to the lapping water. There were lots of daffodils scattered about. We ate pizza, cous-cous, and garlic bread, then had tea and yogurt for dessert. This came back to haunt us as we drove through the WINDING hills getting to Beatrix Potter's house. We had to stop and take a break to eat some fruit and get over feeling sick.


Ha!

We didn't actually get to go inside Beatrix Potter's house -- due to some misinformation from the tourist info guide, we arrived the day before the house opened for the season. But we caught a glimpse from the gate!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

What a lovely memory...despite the motion sickness!

I rather desperately want to go to the Lake District since seeing the animated Beatrix Potter movies and Miss Potter.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Me too! We just watched Miss Potter the other night, and I fell in love with the scenery. How fun that you got to see it in person!

1:25 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh, I hope you do get to visit someday! Britain is the most beautiful place I've ever been, to my tastes at least! :)

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home