Thursday, July 19, 2007

Advance 5677


Another eBay purchase! Somebody stop me. Here's the whole sordid story of how difficult it is to buy a vintage '50s wrap blouse pattern on eBay.

Inspired by a fabulous wrap blouse worn by Sophia Loren in Houseboat, I took a look on eBay for patterns and immediately found a great one. I am not kidding you, it ended up selling for over $50!! Other similar ones I found were also in hot demand. I was the only person who bid on this poor li'l pattern, probably because it is a very small size (I'm not afraid to draft up!) and the pattern envelope isn't in the greatest condition.

Anyway, it had my two prerequisites: 3/4-length kimono sleeves and a higher neckline. When I do make it, I'll probably make the ties a little less... huge. But won't it be great in a crisp white cotton shirting?

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

That will be lovely. I've been searching for a 3/4 length kimono sleeve housedress pattern for ages. I don't think it exists...except in my mind.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home