Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Reasons for feminine dress


Since I've started wearing skirts and dresses more often on a daily basis, people have noticed and commented on it (always favorably). Sometimes I'm able to share my reasons for doing so. Here they are:

  • It's a reflection of what's going on inside of me. A few years ago, during a spiritual and emotional low-point in my life, I didn't take care of my appearance at all. I was not happy inside and I'm sure my appearance showed it. Deliberately taking the time to look nice now is a way to outwardly show the "hope that is within me."

  • It blesses my parents. And, in future, I expect it will bless my husband. For instance, today I am wearing a brightly colored floral skirt with a simple white top. When my dad came home for lunch, he commented several times on how nice I looked. My mom also notices and appreciates when I take the time to make myself look feminine. It reflects well on them to other people who may see me.

  • It reminds me to be more feminine. Wearing skirts or dresses is a constant reminder to behave in a more ladylike fashion. I simply feel more feminine and thus my actions reflect that!

  • It's fun! I don't think I ever outgrew the impulse to play "dress up." It certainly is fun to wear lovely clothes!

    (Note: I don't think that exclusively wearing skirts or dresses necessarily makes you feminine -- femininity begins in the heart. For a treasure trove of worthy articles that address this issue, please visit Ladies Against Feminism's section on Femininity & Modesty.)

    Labels:

  • 3 Comments:

    Blogger Lauren Christine said...

    What a great post :) I definitely appreciate other ladies that make an effort to show their femininity in dress!
    blessings,
    Lauren

    5:48 PM  
    Blogger Serena said...

    You've put that so well. Those are my thoughts exactly...except that I couldn't have put them down so nicely!

    3:14 PM  
    Blogger Family W said...

    This was great. Thank you for sharing. God Bless, Lynn.

    3:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home