Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A pleasant diversion

Today's my birthday, so for a pleasant treat after lunch, Mom and I went to an antique store downtown. Stores change so frequently down there, and somehow I had missed the fact that there are three (!) antique stores within one city block! Two of them were closed, but we enjoyed browsing through the third. The prices were reasonable and we didn't have to wade through a lot of junk. My finds:


The pattern is a classy 1940s suit, in my size! I love the polka-dotted version on the pattern cover -- perfect for the Glenn Miller Festival, if I ever make it there someday. The fabric beneath it is a flour sack remnant, which I plan to make into a baby dress. I'll either sell it or keep it for my hope chest.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

Well, Happy Birthday to You, Miss Laura! What lovely finds!
(QueenOrual)

5:33 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Serena! :)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Happy Birthday, Laura! I'm sorry I missed telling you on the actual day. It sounds like you had a wonderful time!
blessings,
Lauren

7:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, Lauren! I did have very happy day. :)

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home