Monday, July 09, 2007

Herb garden

This spring, my mom and I converted the space that was formerly occupied by our trampoline into a circular herb garden. We marked off paths and created eight "pie slices" in which to plant our favorite herbs. The bunnies loved it, so we had to fence off the garden with chicken wire, and now most of the plants are doing very well indeed.


Our original list included thyme, sage, chives, dill, parsley, lavender, basil, and cilantro. Only three of my sage seedlings survived so we planted some lettuce in that space in the meantime.


Likewise, the dill seedlings didn't do so well, so we will probably try again next year. I am most thrilled with the basil, which is thriving. So far I've used it to make my favorite summer salad and a tomato-basil quiche. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home