Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Great-Grandma Irene's pie crust

This is a very basic recipe that has never failed me. It makes a two-crust pie for an 8" or 9" pan, or else two single-crust pies. I've used it for pies and quiches alike!
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup Crisco
  • 1/3 cup milk
Combine flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or a fork, mash Crisco into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles bread crumbs. Combine milk with the rest of the mixture (I just use my clean hands for this part). Use plenty of flour when rolling out!

Of course, I keep this recipe in Grandma Irene's recipe box.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Family W said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I had wanted a recipe for pie crusts, now if I could only find someone to answer all of my questions concerning homemade chicken stock! :) God Bless, Lynn.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

You're welcome! :) Enjoy!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home