Sunday, July 15, 2007

More stash

(See yesterday's post for part one.)



Another fabric from my friend Susan -- she calls it the "wallpaper" fabric. :) I think it would make a lovely cotton Regency dress, but I'm not sure if I've got enough fabric to make one for myself... so perhaps this will be another length of fabric destined for any daughters I may have!



I bought five yards of this polyester georgette when it was on sale for $2/yard, thinking I could use it to make an inexpensive yet snazzy 1930s dress. I quite like the sleeveless version of EvaDress 1432... but perhaps the floral would be too "busy"?



Actually, this retro "atomic" cotton (or poly-cotton) print is from when I was 12 or 13 -- I think I bought it thinking my mom would make me a '60s shift dress. For one reason or another, it never got done, and it's still in my stash. Now I'm not sure what on earth I'd make with it... a skirt?! Otherwise, this may be headed for eBay.



More from Susan -- a lovely off-white cotton gauze with a white plaid over it. I think this would make a lovely, simple summer dress, but I haven't found the perfect pattern yet.



And, for fun, this gingham print with fruits and veggies! I love the colors! This will become an apron at some point, most like as a gift for someone else. (Wouldn't it be great with red bias binding?)

Not shown: about five yards of cream wool, about five yards of white seersucker, some light blue knit, etc. etc.! In two years of sewing, I've sure accumulated quite the stash!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

That will be the cutest apron--especially with red bias binding!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Clare said...

I simply adore the "wallpaper" fabric. I can't think of anything it would suit better than a Regency gown.

Ive really been enjoying looking at all the stash photos you and a few of the other ladies from S&S are sharing. I'm rather wishing I hadn't used all mine up now... :D

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home