Monday, January 21, 2008

A fun weekend

On Saturday I headed up to the Big City to spend some time with my brother. Our activities included:
  • the Symphony Orchestra playing Vaughan Williams (Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis), Korngold (Concerto in D Major for Violin and Orchestra), and Beethoven (Symphony No. 7).
  • Aikido class -- Nathan participating, me watching.
  • Thrifting. (I got a new-to-me corderoy jacket and denim skirt for $4!)
  • English country dancing with a local ECD group! I learned 10 new dances!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ~ Shannon said...

Your symphony played some of my favorite music! I am quite green with envy :-)

It sounds like you had a lovely trip to the city -- how could it get any better than thrifting and country dancing?

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

12:08 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Shannon, I'm not surprised, I know you love Vaughan Williams too. :) Yes, it was a very enjoyable trip, and quite nice of my brother to go along with all my whims!

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home