Monday, October 01, 2007

The Scottish fiddle

On Sunday evening, I went with a few friends to a concert featuring Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas, playing the fiddle and cello, respectively. The venue was small and intimate, and the music ranged from a mournful dirge to foot-stomping reels and strathspeys. I was hoping that they would play a dance tune to finish us off at the end -- and they did, but unfortunately the room wasn't large enough to have any proper dancing.

Now I'm longing for a ceilidh!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

Hey! While waiting for an employee to finish my co-op renewal today, I stared at the wall with all the posters of upcoming performances...and Alasdair Fraser and Natalie Haas were one of them. Guess I'll be going to that now. I'm so glad you mentioned this. I wouldn't have given it a second thought, otherwise. I really only noticed the poster because of the name Alasdair (to explain why I noticed that would be an even longer and more boring story than the one I just told).

4:52 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow, Serena, that's so cool! I'm sure you'll enjoy it. My friends and I felt so inspired afterwards, in our own varied ways. :)

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home