Thursday, September 13, 2007

Paper dolls

My mom came home from her errands this afternoon and said she had bought me a surprise! She then showed me three adorable paper dolls that she found at a local store, dressed in the most darling 1930s fashions. (And yes, Mom is aware that I'm 24, not 4 -- but she's also aware of my mania for 1930s clothes!)

Meet Janey.


And here's Pam (who greatly resembles a little girl I baby-sit!).


And Ted!


I love that he has a little newspaper hat! Isn't childhood sweet? :)


Here are some of Janey's dresses. They are so cute and simple -- you can bet I will be making some like these for any future daughters or nieces! :)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

Oh, I love paper dolls! They are such a wonderful source of inspiration!

5:06 PM  
Blogger Mackenzie said...

Oh those are just darling!! :) I have a bunch of my old paper dolls that I want to make into collages for my sewing room :) Enjoy those little beauties!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

How cute! What a way to be inspired :)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Those are adorable!!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Tilly, that is a GREAT idea! I was wondering what to do with them...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Family W said...

What a great find!

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home