Sunday, September 16, 2007

Camping

Friday evening, my parents and I headed up to camp for a weekend of fellowship with other families from our church. We will not dwell on Friday night, but allow me to hint that it included cold weather, a hungry mouse, and lack of sleep. Saturday was definitely an improvement!

I had the most fun on the ropes course. There are three activities to try: a 40-foot climbing wall, a 25-foot pole from which one jumps to a trapeze swing, and a high course in which one must cross timber beams and wire with minimal support, only to jump down on a zipline at the end.


I did make it to the top of the wall, although I had to "cheat" two or three times by inserting my hand into a crack between the wooden planks, when I couldn't quite reach the next hand-hold!


Here I am leaping for that trapeze. I did not make it! Frankly, I think most women lack the upper arm strength to grip the bar tightly enough to hold on!


Those boots I'm wearing didn't give the best traction, but I managed to get around the course anyway.

The other highlight of the weekend was spending time with our assistant pastor's four-year-old daughter, who inexplicably latched on to me, as children sometimes do with young people. I found her to be a sweet, polite, and affectionate child, so we had a good time together!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

Sounds like fun. I agree about the upper-body strength. If I ever had to hang on for dear life, I'd be a goner. Cute beret! I have one that's the same color. So cozy and wooly.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home