Monday, September 28, 2009

Golden fields


Living in the countryside certainly keeps one in tune with the changing rhythms of nature. I took this photo of "our" soybean field about a week ago and already it is outdated. When the leaves turn yellow, they turn fast! Last night and today we have had high winds and any remaining dry leaves have been mostly whisked away, leaving the field a rather dreary brown... however, I imagine the view will be lovely once again when we get some snowfall.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

So beautiful Laura, I love the feeling it gives me. You have a beautiful view.
Thank you for saying "Hi" on my blog :)

1:40 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Beautiful view!

2:00 PM  
Blogger Meredith Ivy said...

Laura,

I just found your blog from Marie's. I've read back through the very beginning and am so incredibly inspired! Your sewing, photography, cooking, courtship story, beautiful wedding... everything is so lovely.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Louisa S. said...

That is so pretty! I wish we had fields like that!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments.

Meredith, welcome! :-)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

It is a lovely view!

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home