Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Dotted swiss

I attended a wedding over the weekend with Douglas, which afforded me the opportunity to wear a dress I made last September (all except for the hem and zipper -- the weather turned too cold for me to wear it last fall, so I finished it this spring).


The pattern is Vogue 8182 (very '60s-looking!) and the fabric is some dotted swiss from my stash. I made the pattern as is, except for raising each side of the neckline by one inch. Cotton perhaps wasn't the best choice for this project, as it doesn't quite drape as it should around the shoulder gathers, but I do love the fabric!

Pearl necklace courtesy of my fiancé. :-)

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful dress! Now I have another one that I'd like to make some day! The list is just getting longer and longer...! :)
Lovely pearls too!

4:07 AM  
Blogger sherry said...

Your dress is lovely, as are the pearls. I'm a pearl kind of lady myself and zoned in on that right away. :o)

10:56 AM  
Blogger emme said...

Oh, I love it! You did such a nice job and it looks beautiful on you...

~Emily

songs I sing
www.emmelynn.blogspot.com

11:00 PM  
Blogger ~ Shannon said...

How lovely and summery! It's amazing how that fabric ended up being useful, after all.

Goodness, your fiance has excellent taste in jewelry! ;-)

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

10:39 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you all! Shannon, I agree that he has great taste. :-D The necklace reminds me of the one that Matthew gives to Anne in "Anne of Green Gables"! (Awww...)

2:38 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

It's lovely! And the pearls...ahhh...

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home