Tuesday, May 06, 2008

A baby dress for the cedar chest


This dress evolved quite a bit... originally I thought I'd embroider the collar, but then I didn't quite like the way it turned out -- too busy. I decided to let the pretty print of the vintage fabric speak for itself, so I kept the embellishment simple.


My buttonhole function is having conniption fits right now, but once I get that sorted out, these are the sweet vintage buttons from my mom's stash that will go on the back of the dress.


And look! The soft white cotton lining doubles as a little petticoat.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Christine said...

It's SO cute!!! Well done. I love the simplicity. Isn't making baby clothes for "someday" wonderful?? :)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Kittee said...

The dress is perfect! Beautifully done!

God Bless,
-Kittee

5:53 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

So very adorable! The trim along the color is just perfect, and I just love that sweet little petticoat!

---Clare

7:35 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

beautiful! Girls are so much fun to dress - I can't help but splurge on fabric and make pretty things for my unborn baby girl!

9:56 AM  
Blogger ~ Shannon said...

Absolutely darling! I love the fabric and the blue-and-white collar. Classic.

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

8:11 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

So sweet!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Oh, I love the fabric, and the collar binding. What a precious little dress!

7:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such a sweet little dress!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you, all! :-)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

That is such an adorable dress! And I've so enjoyed looking at the creations in your sewing gallery. Thanks for sharing it all!:-)

Annie (From S&S)

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home