Monday, April 21, 2008

Bunnies in the grass


It's that time of year -- the bunnies are coming out in droves! If we'd had wild bunnies in our yard in Colorado when I was a girl, I'm sure it would've been my life's ambition to catch and tame one. Nowadays, we have to discourage their presence in our yard because of this fearsome beast:


He's too decrepit to catch full-grown bunnies, but the babies are fair game. One summer, he racked up seven notches on his belt, the wretched cat! (And yes, he's missing a fang -- my guess is that it's embedded in the skull of a neighborhood cat.)

6 Comments:

Blogger ~ Shannon said...

What an adorable bunny! Too bad kitty has strong instincts -- he's a lovely cat, by the way. I hope you have a "peaceful" summer with regard to pets!

In Christ,
Shannon

11:18 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

LOL! Reminds me of our now-deceased cat "Pickle" who was to old to catch the adult rabbits, but feasted on a couple of their offspring for a few suppers.

CUTE kitty. Looks like he would have quite a personality. =)

11:36 PM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Uh Oh! Poor bunnies! :)

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! Seven in one summer! He is a fearful one!:) My cat has caught some too, (but not seven, as far as I know at least)I know what you mean, I love him dearly but I do find that quite hard. One year we had a whole family of squirrles in our barn, it was lovely, until he found them...
I just have to say your cat is adorable! What's his name?

2:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks -- he is a handsome cat, I have to say! You can't tell in the picture, but he has the most lovely blue eyes. His name is Basil. I named him when I was 13 -- not sure why I came up with that particular name! :)

6:00 PM  
Blogger Family W said...

We have a cat that has formed the habit of killing Blue Jays that inhabit our yard. :(

Lovely pictures by the way. :)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home