Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Swatches


An intriguingly abstract photograph of the silk swatches that came in the mail recently... 100% silk duchess satin from Fishman's Fabrics, that is. Even though they don't look it, they are all different shades (from the top: white, diamond white, ivory, and cream). The fabric is luxuriously beautiful and it has a lovely weight (but not too stiff). At $70/yard, it costs more than I've ever contemplated spending on fabric before in my life!

More swatches are on their way before a final decision is made for The Dress...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see the finished dress! Have you decided what look you want for the dress already? Are you going to use a specific pattern, or do a mix of some? Sewing your own wedding dress must be so fun! (And increddibly hard I am afraid I would think :))

3:11 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

The wedding planning is so exciting. Keep us in the loop!! I know your dress will be divine!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Oh, thank you for sharing! I love wedding dresses! I am REALLY looking forward to seeing your dress!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Aurora, I've drawn up a design sketch -- unfortunately I'll probably have to piece other patterns together and/or make it up as I go. Unfortunately, I can't share too many specifics about the actual dress design on my blog since Douglas isn't supposed to know what it looks like until I walk down the aisle (his request)...

I will inundate you with pictures and details after the wedding, however!! :-)

7:26 PM  
Blogger ~ Shannon said...

*sigh* I suppose we'll have to be patient -- but at least we can be sure that it will be absolutely lovely! The silks are lovely; I hope you find one that's just what you're looking for.

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

8:20 PM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

Oh, I can't wait until after the wedding!! :) How exciting!!

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home