Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring sewing


To jump back into sewing after nearly three months of being away from my sewing machine, I started out with this simple project, Butterick 4685. I normally shy away from overly trendy tops (especially the "maternity" look of late) but I decided to throw caution to the wind and make view D. The fabric, a buttery cotton with tiny green polka dots, was 80 cents at Goodwill, and the mismatched green buttons down the front are from my mom's stash. Very spring-ish, eh?

And if I poof the top just right, from the side I could pass for five months pregnant. ;-)

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, very spring-ish! :) I like it very much!

5:54 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

It's lovely. I tell you, the maternity-looking fashion right now is GREAT for those of us who actually are pregnant! Instead of having to shop at overpriced, often ugly, maternity clothing shops, I can just go wherever I want. It's pretty funny, actually. I have to agree about usually not going for the overly trendly tops, though. Baby bellies cause one to expand one's wardrobe, though!

2:20 PM  
Blogger ~ Shannon said...

Very cute! The buttons add the perfect touch, and you just can't beat the price (or the look!) of the fabric.

Yours in Christ,
Shannon

4:34 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

Love it! I agree w/ serena re: the maternity-esque fashion--it did help last year when I was pregnant!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

LOL! It is really cute though! =) Love the fabric and buttons!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Family W said...

I love it.... great job! :)

8:37 AM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

I think its adorable! Not pregnant looking at all... but I adore the empire waist styling! :)

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home