Thursday, October 11, 2007

Vintage shoes #3


Last and final shoe post! (I'm sure you're wondering how many vintage-y shoes one girl needs!) ;) These are some brown Etienne Aigner Mary-Janes that are really versatile and go with anything remotely 20s/30s-ish. I love them!

Here's a specific description of how I go about finding these shoes on eBay. I usually search by brand name (I mentioned some suggestions in my first post). I think I got the brand names from old magazine ads or fashion stories, probably mostly in Victoria magazine.

I put an 8 after the brand name, to narrow down the results to my size range (I can wear an 8 or 8.5 depending on the shoe, but just putting an "8" will bring up both sizes). Sometimes I won't find anything at all, so be persistent and check every once in a while. If you find something good, grab it! (I probably won't wear those beige suede shoes until spring/summer rolls around again, but the deal was too good to miss.)

Happy searching!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren Christine said...

I think your shoes are too cute! But... my favorite is your textured tights! Where do you get those?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

Each pair of shoes obviously has a specific purpose, so of course you need all three!

I second Lauren's question: Where do you get your cute tights?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks, you two! Unfortunately, the tights were a gift from my grandma several years ago. :( I'm not sure where to find any now...

12:46 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

I love these vintage shoes!

::goes off searching for some:: =)

4:38 PM  
Blogger Kara said...

What adorable shoes. I, too, was admiring the stockings. Marmeecraft had posted on her blog about some Victorian-ish stockings she found at sockdreams.com. I'll have to look them up again.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home