Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ceylon

I'm raaather excited as I just ordered the Ceylon dress from Colette Patterns last night. All my outside sewing obligations are finished up so I'm happy to have a fun new project to work on! It is much-needed, from my point of view, since none of my pre-pregnancy dresses currently fit me. I'm losing weight steadily but it will still be a few months before I'm back to "normal." I chose this particular pattern because of the multi-sizing, the cute '40s vibe, and the BUTTONS DOWN THE FRONT (nursing access!!). I'm off to the fabric store today -- hopefully I can find something great and I'll be able to show you the results before too long!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura
The dress is so pretty! Can't wait to see yours. I'am definitely sure it will be beautiful!
Love
Irene

4:40 PM  
Blogger Cheri said...

Oh that totally looks like you. =) I have a feeling your project will turn out fabulous, and I'm already looking forward to seeing it completed!

11:15 AM  
Blogger EB said...

I love that design! I've made a dress from another Colette Pattern, and the pattern was really nice to work with.

I can't wait to see the finished result!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura,

First, congratulations on the healthy and beautiful baby boy!

Edmund is such a dignified name, isn't it?

The dress is just perfect and quite lovely. I am sure it will be an asset to your wardrobe.

Blessings,

maria

10:34 PM  
Blogger Luci said...

That is SO cute and practical! And the skirt is so flattering -- I can't wait to see the finished product!

Love,
Luci

http://overflowingthankfulness.blogspot.com

11:02 AM  
Blogger Polly said...

Love it! You will look great in it!

Edmund is absolutely adorable. But, you know that!

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Laura

Love this dress! Can't wait to see the finished product!! (soon?) :)

~Evie

10:00 AM  
Blogger Serena said...

Oh, I love that pattern! I can't wait to see what you do with it!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home