Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Cranberry-Pistachio Biscotti

I have been thinking about what Christmas baking traditions I would like to start in my family. Last Christmas, I didn't do much baking other than some cinnamon rolls and gingerbread people. This year, I haven't done much either (having a newborn slows productivity), but I did manage to make these cranberry-pistachio biscotti from my mom's recipe box. I realized I've found recipe #1 for the Singer Christmas Cookies folder -- they've made the cut!

  • 1-3/4 c. flour
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. dried cranberries
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 4 T. butter
  • 1-1/2 c. raw pistachios
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • sugar

    Mix first four ingredients in food processor. Add cranberries, mix again. Add vanilla and butter in chunks. Mix until cornmeal texture (add a little water if needed). Add nuts and eggs. Fold into mixture 10-15 times. On floured surface, divide dough into four 8" logs. Spray cookie sheet with oil. Place logs on cookie sheet, flattening slightly. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes. Set on rack 15-20 minutes to cool. Slice and bake on sides for 7-10 minutes.

    Labels:

  • 5 Comments:

    Anonymous Robin said...

    I was thinking of making some biscotti later today. I may throw some cranberries in just for fun.
    We hope that you are having a wonderful time visiting family.

    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    Love,
    Robin

    12:02 PM  
    Blogger Polly said...

    I love biscotti! I like making dried cherry-chocolate. It's a wonderful Christmas cookie!

    1:36 AM  
    Blogger the W. family said...

    Oh, they look good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)
    Merry Christmas
    Blessings,
    Alyssa

    9:39 PM  
    Blogger Cheri said...

    Sounds interesting! How do you eat Biscotti? By itself? with tea? or coffee?

    5:23 PM  
    Blogger Laura said...

    Cheri, I will eat biscotti in any of the ways you mentioned! This kind isn't super-hard so dunking in tea or coffee isn't required, but it's a nice complement to a hot beverage. :-)

    3:15 PM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home