Friday, November 20, 2009

Nursing cover


I recently made a simple nursing cover from this tutorial, which I found through Lauren's blog. It is a simple rectangle of cotton with adjustable straps to go around the neck. It also has a length of boning between the straps to keep the cover stiff, so Mom can see Baby and Baby gets plenty of air circulation.

I didn't make any changes, except my D-rings were 1" wide so I cut out my straps 2.5" wide, accordingly. Next time I think I would make the short strap (that has the D-rings on it) even shorter, since it ends up behind my neck. I think it would be easier to adjust if the rings were closer to the cover.

This would make a great shower gift for a new mom who plans on breastfeeding!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Louisa S. said...

Very nice! Too bad it will get stained! I wish I had an APRON that looked like that! Any minute now!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Kiri said...

Very cute!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

It is so cute! I received one of these as a gift when I had Malachi and it was one of the nicest things I've used, ever. No need to worry about it falling off or the baby clawing it off and they are just fun to wear. :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger Serena said...

It's lovely! I must admit, I've never used one. I've only ever used a blanket to cover up when needed, but then I always try to find a private nook so that I don't HAVE to cover up!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Rebekah said...

That's cute - I really like the material! :)

To the KING be all the glory!
Rebekah

BLOG: http://www.donotgrowweary.com/blog

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

8:26 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

I loved my nursing cover!!! That one is so pretty!

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home