Friday, August 10, 2007

Creation Museum

Today we visited the new Creation Museum in Petersburg, KY. We drove about two hours to get there and arrived a little after noon. It was packed! (Praise God!) The throngs of people slowed us down sufficiently that we didn't get to take in the entire museum (and we didn't even walk through the grounds, either). I'm happy to report that it is a very well-done and professional-looking museum with many interesting exhibits and beautiful displays. It's well worth your time if you're in the Cincinnati area! (But try to go during an off-time, if there is such a thing!)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dad saves Uncle Doug from the ferocity of a T-Rex.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I caught and tamed this li'l dino myself. :)



The museum's model of what Noah's Ark may have looked like -- the jutting obstruction on the bow may have been used to catch the wind and keep the ship perpendicular to the waves.

My dad is a creation scientist, so most of what is featured in the museum was not new to me, but nevertheless I thoroughly enjoyed visiting such a well-done museum that glorifies God's creation.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

Oooh, if I'm ever in that part of the country (which I hope to be!), I'll definitely have to visit the museum!

2:33 AM  
Blogger Sommer said...

I so hope to get there someday! My kids would love it and so would I.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Lauren Christine said...

We're planning a trip there next May! :) Any tips for the traveler?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I hope you all get the chance to visit! Lauren, I don't know if it will be as busy next May (since the museum just opened a few months ago), but I would recommend getting there as soon as they open, and going on a weekday, if possible. There is so much to see!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home