Monday, December 10, 2007

Fezziwig Ball: the invitations


I've mentioned before that our close family friends, the S.'s, are coming to spend Christmas with us this year. Our families share an enjoyment of Dickens, so we've decided to host a Fezziwig Ball on the weekend before Christmas! I've been busy planning and preparing different aspects of the evening, which I will share with you -- but first and foremost, the invitations!

I photocopied an illustration of the Fezziwigs for the front of the invitations, then on the inside I printed the pertinent information and an excerpt from A Christmas Carol. The cards are tied together with gold ribbon. I printed the envelopes on the computer, using a fancy script font and addressing our guests by their FULL names in an attempt to be as hoity-toity as possible. I did stop short of using sealing wax on the envelopes, but not for lack of trying (I just can't seem to get good results with our sealing wax and seal).

Less than two weeks to go! Hoo-boy, am I excited. :)

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Serena said...

The invitations are beautiful! Oh, it sounds like so much fun!

11:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

HA! Hoity toity - Love it! Have fun!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Polly said...

oh how delicious! I am sure it will be grand and I cannot wait to hear more!

Are you sewing a dress for the occasion?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Janna said...

Oh, you'll have to post photos of this event! And I'd love to hear all the juicy details of your party planning. :D

5:15 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Polly, as a matter of fact, I am sewing a new dress. :) Details will be forthcoming...

I wish I could send out an e-invitation to you all! ;) I will be sure to take lots of pictures (maybe even a video or two) to share.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

So pretty! I've had problems with using sealing wax before but I found a trick that looks like sealing wax but isn't.
Use hot glue gun and a rubber stamp.

You can find coloured hot glue sticks at craft stores. You just squirt a doolp where you want the seal - let it set for a second (not very long!), put lots of ink on the stamp, then press down onto the glue, let set then lift the stamp off. The ink meakes sure that the stamp doesn't stick and also leaves a nice coloured in impression.

If you do lots, you'll need to give the stamp a 'rest' so it doesn't get over heated and melt.
I used it on my 21st invitations and people were impressed.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Erin, that's a great suggestion! I'll keep it in mind for next time.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home