Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Kneel for grace

About a year ago, I purchased a vintage 1938 dress-making book at an antique store here in town. While flipping through, I was delighted to find that there are not only sections detailing various sewing techniques, but an entire chapter of the book is devoted to "Your Physical Self: Poise, Posture, Charm."


The book has all sorts of illustrations suggesting how you can do everyday things in a graceful manner. One caption says, "From the time you get up until you go to bed, make every gesture aid you in gaining body grace. Be glad of the opportunity that housework gives for exercise."

How often do we even think of our posture these days? And yet it can make such a difference between appearing graceful and elegant, or awkward and slouchy. So, to both ladies and gentlemen -- shoulders back and head up today! :)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Family W said...

*everyday things in a graceful manner* ..........that sounds like a keeper. :) Thank you for the reminder! :)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Mrs. U said...

Hi there!!
I came across your blog about 45 minutes ago and am reading and reading and reading! I very much enjoy all that you have shared. :)

I was wondering, is there a way for this "Your Physical Self: Poise, Posture, Charm" to be reprinted today? I think a lot of ladies (old and young) would appreciate a book like this!!! I realize this was only a chapter in a larger book, but perhaps this could be printed and shared as a booklet? I know I would definitely purchase one!

His,
Mrs. U (who is going back to reading your blog now!!!)

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home