Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Feminine winter wear, part II

Thanks all, for voicing your opinions on my last post! Seems like the plaid tiered skirt and the long, A-line skirt with pleats at the bottom were the two favorites. You did a good job of picking out the most practical designs. I tend to get carried away with wanting to sew fancy things, but then my every-day wardrobe is neglected.
I do have a tiered skirt pattern, and behold, I found a pattern similar to the bias skirt yesterday -- Butterick 5042. I also have several lengths of wool already that will make lovely winter skirts, but I've been too chicken to cut into them, since I wasn't sure what style of skirts I wanted. As always, I will share the results of my sewing projects with you as I finish them! Thanks for your encouragement! :)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo! That's a lovely pattern. *Someday*...

6:51 PM  
Blogger Family W said...

GREAT... I can't wait to see!! :) Blessings, Lynn

11:24 PM  
Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

Very nice. I like a skirt with room to move. One of the coldest places I go is church. Last winter I invested in two Orvis brand prairie skirts - they have a v-shaped yoke below the waist and then the fullness is below that.
I have some wool sitting here - waiting to be turned into below knee length pencil skirts.

Next you'll have to tell us what sort of slip you'll be wearing under your new long skirts.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home