Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Christie kick


Occasionally I go on a "Christie kick," where I read several Agatha Christies back-to-back. The other night at bedtime, while looking for something light to read, I pulled out Elephants Can Remember, and now I'm on to The Mystery of the Blue Train.

I read my first Agatha Christie book (Murder for Christmas) when I was 11, and then promptly went through all of her mysteries and short stories within the next three years. We can credit Agatha Christie for the germination of my interest in England in the 1920s and 1930s.

I've been collecting hardcover Agatha Christies for some time now, mostly through library book sales and the occasional used bookstore purchase. The Poirot Facsimile Editions, as seen above, not only have the original cover art and typesetting, but are hardcover to boot! Unfortunately, they seem to be only available in the UK, thus making them a bit more expensive. Maybe I'll put a few of my favorite titles on my birthday list. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home